Saturday, February 18, 2006

Wrap Parties and Random Thoughts

Wrap Parties and Random Thoughts So, this movie I'm working on right now is called 'Chapter 27' and it stars Jared Leto as the guy that shot John Lennon.  I don't get the name, though.  Maybe it has something to do with the whole 'Catcher in the Rye' business.  Beats me.  I was only on set for 3 days anyway.  It's not like I read the script or anything.  I was there for the Lennon shooting scene. Of course, being there for a big scene is not as exciting as watching it on the big screen.  Movie making is a pretty painstakingly slow process.  It usually only takes somebody new a day of watching the same 30 second scene over and over and over again to realize that filmmaking isn't the glamorous lifestyle they thought it was.
Jared Leto has kind-of chunked up for this role.  I saw him on-set before I realized who he was and thought to myself, 'Huh. That guy kind-of looks like a fat Jared Leto.' And he actually was.  Some of the guys were saying that Lindsay Lohan plays his girlfriend in the movie, but I wasn't around for that part anyway.  Not that I care, as evidence from the line I wrote for Nic in Episode 4 when Pothed turns the camera back on ("All I'm saying is, who gives a fuck about Lindsay Lohan, anyway").  I like coming up with those kind of lines, where you're just catching the tail end of a conversation and the comment sounds so random.
I have a wrap party tonight to go to in the meat packing district.  Some place called Level 5.  The cast rarely shows up for wrap parties, though.  Although Kevin Bacon and his wife Kyra Sedgewick partied down at our midway party for Loverboy, that movie I worked on that is never going to be released.  They're probably just waiting on the next crazy mom that kills her kids to be in the paper, since that's what the story's basically about.  It's all about timing...
So I'm probably going to this party, even though I don't know a whole lot of the crew members. Hey, free drinks, right?  I got one more day of wrap on Tuesday, but it doesn't look too bad.  Should be a pretty easy day. 
Guess that's all the news I've got right now.  I'm still having trouble scheduling times to finish shooting Episode 5 of Pothedz Couch.  I've got the whole episode mapped out now, but everybody has stuff to do at all sorts of conflicting times.  Oh well, I hope our fans haven't given up on us by the time we finish this one.  I've started writing on Ep. 6 already, too.  It's gonna be pretty damn funny if we can pull off everything that's in my head. 
Blogging is still a wierd experience for me.  It's sort of like, "Here you go world.  Have a look at the random stuff in my head today."  Not that the whole world cares what I'm thinking.  It's just that now they have access to that info, if they want it. Whatever. Until next time,...

No comments:

Post a Comment